So This isn’t really a recipe but the other day my littlest asked me for pizza for lunch and I said, “Uh… um… Sure! Yeah! I can do that.” And I could! It’s always an exciting feeling when you realize you can do something that you didn’t think you could. Even if it’s something small like fulfilling a child’s request.
We were lucky enough to have English muffins left over from our eggs Benedict the other day so I got to work on english muffin pizzas for lunch. These pizzas are something that I hadn’t made in a very long time and I had forgotten how easy and well loved they are. They’re pretty self explanatory but here’s the recipe nonetheless.
English muffin pizzas for 2
- 2 english muffins split and toasted
- Pizza sauce (I love pizza squeeze!)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Split and toast English muffins to golden brown
- Top with pizza squeeze and spread. (The back of a spoon works great for this!)
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and broil till bubbly and as golden brown as you like.
I also made myself an English muffin chicken salad melt which is just chicken salad and American cheese in place of the pizza sauce and mozzarella.
Et voila! A quick and easy pizza lunch. Of course you could top this with whatever you like – pepperoni, olives, ham & pineapple – but we were just playing it simple this time.
What’s you favorite thing to make for lunch? I’m looking for some new ideas!!